Alien and UFOs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexplained UFO Mystery: Salem's Flying Triangle

Go down

Unexplained UFO Mystery: Salem's Flying Triangle Empty Unexplained UFO Mystery: Salem's Flying Triangle

Post  Terrestrial Thu 06 Jan 2011, 14:37

A recent article about the sighting of a flying triangle from back in 1988...

Quote:J. D. Adams Salem-News.com
The craft quietly defied all rational explanations...

(SALEM, Ore.) - Our UFO sighting was in 1988, here in Salem, Oregon. In pursuit of an explanation for it, I formed the theory that having an open mind is the first prerequisite.
Thousands of people have witnessed Unidentified Flying Objects and other so-called paranormal phenomenon, but the tendency is to rationalize these observations because it disrupts a simple concept of the world.
It's frequently proposed that we have senses that can't be explained by conventional wisdom, but these abilities appear to fade with continued exposure to cynical viewpoints.
Indeed, my wife and I didn't want to believe what we had witnessed. Being practical Oregonians, our minds reeled at the possibilities that were unleashed by the occurrence.
The public at large became aware of UFOs with a 1947 sighting by pilot Kenneth Arnold near Mt. Rainier. But even during WWII pilots reported aerial anomalies which came to be called 'foo fighters'.

Cold War politics are likely responsible for a percentage of UFO sightings during that era. The CIA desired to have extremely fast, high altitude reconnaissance aircraft, leading to the development of the Lockheed A-12 and later the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.

Unexplained UFO Mystery: Salem's Flying Triangle 1294212622

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january052011/salem-ufo-jda.php
Terrestrial
Terrestrial
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Back to top Go down